The ReportRunner is a simple window to start reports interactively. You can
deploy it with a runtime license and your template definitions to users that
don't need the editing environment. The ReportRunner lists all available
templates and allows the user to run them.
- Allows the user to open a template set. The name of the template set can
also be passed on the command line.
- The list of available templates.
- The description field, that can be set in the template properties helps the user
to select the right template.
- Select Run to run the template and to
view it interactively.
- Print Sends the report directly to the default printer.
- Print... Pops up the printer selection dialog, and prints
the report on the selected printer.
- Export CSV Select export to run the template and to export
it in an office compatible format. (Comma separated values- CSV)
- Export HTMLSelect this to generate the report as a html
file which can be viewed in a web browser. Export as Html also supports the
XHtml format which can be used to process the resulting file with XML tools.
(E.g. XSLT Transformations)
- Export XML Generates an XML file from the report. This is
different from the xhtml format, as it is not layout, but rather data oriented.
Pops up the file chooser to select a file to write to.
- Export PDF Generates an Adobe PDF (Portable Document
Format) file for the report.