Interactive filters ("Pickers")allow you to select the objects that will be displayed in a report interactively when the report runs. To achieve this your report must be based on a view.
In the view you can configure the interactive filter.
- Select a collection in your view.
- Press the "Picker" button to bring up the configuration dialog.
- Select the field to be displayed in the selection list.
- The prompt string will be shown when the report is run.
- The list to presented can be pre filtered programmatically using OQL. If the pre-filter references a variable, then ReportWeaver will ask the user for this variable too when the report is run. The proper order is automatically determined by ReportWeaver.
- Choose whether the user can select a single object, or multiple objects. Multiple objects will be shown in a table in the report, a single object will be shown in a frame.
- Choose whether the initial selection is empty or whther all elements shall be preselected.
When you press OK a new interactive filter will be created in the view. You can modify the settings later in the properties panel of the interactive filter.
When you run the report, ReportWeaver will pop up a dialog like the one below.
- This is the list of available objects.
- This is the list of objects to be included in the report. The sequence in this list determines the order that the objects appear in the report.
- Use the buttons to add the selected or all objects to the list of included objects.
- Use the buttons to remove one or all objects from the report.
- There may be more than one interactive filter, or there may be variables that the
user has to provide. For these further pages will be created in the dialog. The pages will appear in the order of dependency. E.g. if the programmatic filter references a variable, then this variable
will appear in an earlier page of the interactive filter dialog.
- Pressing the Refresh button will reload the data from the database. Use this if the database has changed while the report is active.
See also: Adding/Configuring Query Variables