In general tables can be edited just like any other element in a template.
However some aspects of table editing are special.
- All settings that were made in the table wizard can be changed from the
table property pane.
- You can add more fields to the table from the fields list. They should come
from the element branch of your collection.
- You can move cells within a table range, but it is not possible to
drag data fields from a table range.
- Adding a row/column will add it to the innermost selected table. To add a
row/column to the outside of a table please use the command Row/Col
from the Add menu.
The Table in the Editor
After a table has been created, its cells are laced in the surrounding grid
of the frame. This way table cells are aligned with the master cells in the
grid. (If you do not want this alignment then just place the table in a page
frame by itself.)
The table is indicated by a green border (only in the editor, it doesn't get
printed). The header and body area of the table are separated by another green
The frame indicators show how the tables are nested. The screen shot below
shows a table nested within another. However any nesting depth is possible.
- The outer table.
- The header of the outer table. It has 3 body rows, 1 header row and two
- The inner table which occupies a part of the outer table.
- The body of the inner table (2 body rows, 1 column)
- Here the edges of the inner and the outer table are identical. Adding a
column (or) row to a common edge of nested tables, adds the row/column to the
innermost table per default.
- To create a row/column that is part of the outer table, but does not extend
the inner table use the menu Add/RowCol
The Add/Row Col Dialog
The add/row col dialog is used when you want to add a row col in a position
where the edges of two (nested) tables overlap. The row/col will be added at
the inside edge of the selected table.
- Select where you want the row/column added.
- The level specifies which of the involved collections shall extend
to the added row col. All tables above the selected level will not be extended.
- This is the innermost collection. Selecting this results in the default
- The outer collection. Select this one to add a row as in the screenshot
- Selecting the body will ad a row/col outside of all collections.